Grilled Cumin Shrimp and Avocado Gazpacho
Nothing will cool you down this summer quite like this refreshing gazpacho appetizer topped with spicy grilled shrimp.
By: Kristin Guy
Yield: 6 appetizer-sized portions
6 cleaned, de-shelled shrimp with tail still on
3/4 cup cumin seeds
3 tablespoons adobo sauce
1 green bell pepper
1 white onion
3/4 red onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 cup cilantro
1 pint water
1. To make the shrimp, toast cumin seeds in a skillet until slightly brown. Rub shrimp with the juice of one lime and adobo sauce. Cover with toasted cumin seeds (Image 1).
2. Skewer shrimp and place on grill for approximately 5 minutes a side or until slightly blackened (Image 2).
3. To make avocado gazpacho, add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, garlic and water to a food processor. Puree until smooth (Image 3).
4. With a fine strainer, separate liquid from the pulp in a bowl and set aside the aromatic water (Image 4).
5. In a clean food processor, blend avocados, cilantro, juice of 5 limes and one cup of the aromatic water. Garnish with coarsely chopped red onion, avocado and bell pepper. Place the grilled shrimp on top (Image 5).
Chile and Lime Roasted Cashews Recipe
Lime juice and chile pepper give these roasted nuts a flavorful kick. Serve them at your next cookout or small get-together.
Grilled Fruit Skewers Recipe
Paired with ricotta and yogurt dips, these grilled fruit skewers will have your barbecue guests pleased at first bite.
Pie Pops Recipe
Make these bite-sized treats for your next outdoor party.
Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Crostinis Recipe
Burrata cheese and juicy heirloom tomatoes combine to create a delicious appetizer great for any gathering, large or small.
Spiked S'mores Pie Recipe
Bourbon gives this pie its boozy flavor, but feel free to leave it out since it doesn't change the consistency of the set ganache.
Grilled Mexican Corn Recipe
Topped with spices, lime and Cotija cheese, this recipe will give a little extra flavor to the traditional grilled corn on the cob.
Bacon Beef Burgers Recipe
This grilling favorite is made with half beef and half ground bacon for a delicious summertime flavor.
Nacho-Stuffed Potato Skins
These hearty skins are a great appetizer for a summer cookout or Fourth of July party.
Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
This light and fluffy cake recipe is topped with Limoncello buttercream frosting, which adds a sour kick.
Blue Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Blue velvet cake is a fun twist on the traditional red velvet flavor. A touch of violet food coloring is the secret ingredient for making these cakes the perfect blue hue.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.