Giant M&M Cookies Recipe
Try this nostalgic cookie recipe that mixes M&M's into classic sugar cookie dough for a treat that's soft, chewy and delicious as ever.
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
half bag of red, white and pink M&M's
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars in a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down sides of mixing bowl so everything is evenly incorporated.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is just incorporated, making sure not to overmix.
5. Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours. While dough is chilling, place the M&M's into a wide, shallow bowl.
6. Scoop out a 1/4-cup size of dough, and roll it into a ball. Roll it around in the M&M's and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Place 6 cookies on a sheet. Note: They will spread due to their size, so it's better to bake fewer at a time so they don't run together.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes more. Remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.