French Madeleine Cookies
These sweet, spongy treats are especially delicious when dipped in melted chocolate.
Yield: 3 dozen
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
nonstick cooking spray
confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
nonstick madeleine pan
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs on high until pale and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.
2. Reduce speed to medium, and beat in vanilla, lemon zest and salt.
3. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
4. Fold flour mixture into wet ingredients in 2 additions.
5. Fold in melted butter in 2 additions.
6. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
8. Generously spray madeleine pan with nonstick cooking spray.
9. Let batter stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
10. Spoon batter into each indentation in pan, filling each about three-quarters full.
11. Bake on middle rack until pale gold (approximately 10-15 minutes).
12. Immediately shake madeleines out of pan, and repeat with remaining batter.
13. Dust baked madeleines with confectioners' sugar.
14. If desired, dip half of cooled madeleines into melted chocolate, and transfer to a baking rack to allow chocolate to harden.
Mexican Wedding Cookies
Buttery, nutty Mexican wedding cookies are perfect for any festive occasion, especially the holidays.
Jam-Filled Linzer Cookies
Raspberry and apricot jam are sandwiched between two buttery crusts with a small cutout on top to create this classic holiday dessert.
Chocolate Christmas Cookies Recipe
Incorporate unsweetened cocoa powder into a classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe to get a chocolate-dough variation.
Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
Make classic sugar cookies in your favorite holiday shapes with just six basic ingredients.
Chocolate and Candied Orange Christmas Cookies Recipe
Dress up a basic chocolate cookie dough recipe for the holidays by adding candied orange.
Chocolate-Vanilla Striped Christmas Cookies Recipe
Mix together a basic sugar cookie dough with a chocolate-dough variation to create a cookie that blends both flavors.
Cashew Dulce de Leche Christmas Cookies Recipe
Add chopped cashews, cinnamon and dulce de leche on top of basic sugar cookies to give them a sweet holiday kick.
Easy Royal Icing Recipe
This thick and fluffy royal icing recipe is perfect for holding together Christmas gingerbread houses.
Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Chocolate, coffee and almonds mix together to make these sweet and crunchy Italian treats. Serve them with hot cocoa or cappuccinos for a truly seasonal accompaniment.
Rugelach With Raisin-Walnut Filling
These Eastern European pastries are known for their crescent-roll shape, and can be filled with nuts, fruit preserves and spices before baking.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada