Eggplant Chips With Cilantro Pesto Recipe
For a healthier alternative to the classic chips and dip combination, why not give these veggie chips a try?
By: Gaby Dalkin
2 c. fresh cilantro, packed
1/3 c. cashews, unroasted and unsalted
2 cloves garlic, skin removed
1/2 c. plus 3 tbs. olive oil
1/2 c. Asiago cheese, grated
4 Japanese eggplants, thinly sliced into rounds
2 tbs. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic salt
Extra salt and pepper to taste
1. Pulse the cilantro, cashews and 2 cloves of garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Stream in 1/2 cup olive oil while the food processor is on, making sure to scrape down the sides once fully incorporated. Add the Asiago cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper and combine. Taste, adjusting salt and pepper as needed, and set aside.
3. Slice the eggplants into 1/3-inch rounds and lay out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the salt over the eggplant and let sit for about an hour.
4. Using a paper towel, blot off the salt and water and place eggplant rounds back onto parchment paper.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Combine the remaining olive oil, paprika and garlic salt in a small bowl. Using a small brush, brush the olive oil mixture onto both sides of the eggplant.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on the eggplant, as you don't want to let it burn.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle with finishing salt and serve immediately with the cashew cilantro pesto dipping sauce.
Toast to New Year's Mocktails
Learn how to whip up some delicious mocktails that cater to nondrinkers.
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe From The Holladay House
The Holladay House in Orange, Va., shares a favorite breakfast recipe for the holiday season.
Kid-Friendly Chicken Fingers
This recipe will make the youngest party guests happy.
Caribbean Cruise Punch
Treat yourself to a sweet, summery tropical rum punch with this recipe from HGTV.com.
Mediterranean Potato Salad
Give potato salad an exotic flair with this simple recipe.
Enhanced Canned Cranberries
Paula Deen shares her recipe for making a tasty cranberry sauce.
Making Classic Cole Slaw
Paula Deen shares the recipe for her classic cole slaw.
Best Potato Salad
This phenomenal recipe is an exceptional blend of all the right ingredients. Care for a picnic, anyone?
Homemade Cream Puffs
A baker explains how to make Choux Chantilly.
Blueberry Scones Recipe
Large berries and brown sugar make these rich scones perfect for a brunch or tea.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.