Deviled Eggs and Chicken Salad in Paradise
Enjoy a tropical taste with these deviled eggs and this Japanese chicken salad.
1 dozen eggs
1/8 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/8 yellow onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
mayonnaise, to taste and for texture
whole-grain Dijon mustard, to taste
1. Boil eggs, stirring occasionally (so the yolk will be center) until hard-cooked. The recipe then says: Cool in ice water, and then cut eggs in half crosswise, slicing a bit off bottom, so they will stand upright. Remove yolks.
2. Add remaining ingredients to yolks and mix for filling. To add texture to filling, chop up one egg white very finely, and add to mixture.
3. Spoon mixture back into egg whites and garnish with a parsley leaf.
Evelyn's Japanese Chicken Salad
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 large head cabbage, chopped
6 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
6 green onions, chopped
2 pkgs. ramen noodles
4 Tbsp. oil
1 cup oil
4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1. Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl. (We poached the chicken breasts in the microwave; add a little water with the chicken breasts, loosely cover microwave-safe bowl and cook until the juices run clear.)
2. Open noodle packages and break up into smaller pieces. In a large skillet, heat oil and add noodles, frying lightly. Add to bowl once cooled. Mix ingredients for dressing in a small bowl, then pour over salad mix, coating and mixing well.
- Recipes from Kapalua Cooks: A Collection of Favorite Recipes From the Employees of Kapalua Land Company
Strawberry Almond Salad
Crispy and crunchy with unexpected flavors, this salad can be assembled in minutes.
Brunch Recipe: Mini Bagels With Lox
Easily turn grocery store items into tasty brunch mini mouthfuls that you can assemble in just minutes before guests arrive.
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits With Ham Recipe
Comfort food has never tasted so good. Bake up a batch of from-scratch biscuits, then fill them with thinly sliced honey or country ham for a hearty addition to your brunch, lunch or buffet menu.
Caramel-Covered Brie Recipe
This ooey-gooey recipe looks impressive but it really couldn't be easier to make. Your family and guests won't be able to get enough of the warm, flavorful cheese topped with decadent caramel sauce and crunchy pecans.
Homemade Cream Puffs
A baker explains how to make Choux Chantilly.
Blueberry Scones Recipe
Large berries and brown sugar make these rich scones perfect for a brunch or tea.
Make a Blue Cheese Steak Sandwich
Sink your teeth into a steak sandwich that gets an extra kick from blue cheese, onions and roasted tomatoes.
Fresh Citrus and Mint Salad Recipe
Serve this light salad as a refreshing side dish to pork, chicken or lamb. The beautiful display also makes it a colorful complement to other items on a buffet.
Linzer Cookies Recipe
Filled with raspberry jam, these irresistible little sandwich cookies look impressive but they're actually easy to make.
Take a Bite of Beef Corn Dogs
A little cornmeal and jalapeno will spice up these beef corn dogs.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.