Dark Chocolate Stout Mini Pie Recipe
You can make these cute mini pies using a cupcake pan.
Yield: one whole pie or 30 miniature pies
2 frozen pie crusts
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups chopped dark chocolate
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/8 tsp salt
3 egg yolks
1 cup cold heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Baileys
1 cup stout
1. Place chopped dark chocolate, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in 1/4 cup heavy cream until mixture is smooth. Repeat with another 1/4 cup cream, then whisk in egg yolk. Transfer saucepan to stove and cook over medium heat.
3. Gradually whisk in remaining 1/2 cup cream, stout, Baileys and milk. Bring to a boil, whisking continuously as mixture thickens. Let boil for one minute.
4. Remove saucepan from heat and pour mixture over chocolate, butter and sugar previously set aside. Whisk until chocolate and butter are melted and filling is smooth. Wrap bowl in plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, unwrap and gently roll out the pie crust. Cut out rounds of the dough using a 3 1/2 biscuit cutter, and gently push into greased cupcake pan. Prick the bottoms of each pie crust a couple times with a fork. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown around the edges. Let cool.
6. Spoon or use a pastry bag to fill pies with cooled chocolate cream. Top with whip cream.