Cream Puffs With Chocolate Sauce Recipe
1 cup water
6 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup flour
whipped cream, fruit or pastry cream, for filling
chocolate sauce, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place water, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Once butter is completely melted, pour flour into the pan and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a thick dough.
3. Place dough in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Blend eggs into the mixture one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Place mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe 1/4 cup mounds onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, leaving about 2 inches between mounds.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
6. Slice each puff in half and fill with whipped cream, pastry cream or a fruit of your choice.
7. Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce, and serve immediately.