Cranberry Orange Irish Soda Bread Recipe
Yield: 18 muffins or one loaf
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
juice and zest from one orange
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or 9" x 5" loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat and all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and dried cranberries.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk egg, milk, yogurt, orange juice and zest. Stir in melted butter.
4. Spoon batter into muffin tin or pan. Bake for 20 minutes for muffins and 40 minutes for a loaf.
5. Let bread cool for five minutes before serving.