Tea-Stained Lace Curtains
Materials and Tools:
50 individual tea bags (black tea works best)
curtain hanger or yardstick
1. Treat stains with a remover, and then wash the curtains gently with a little detergent. It's very important the curtains are clean; otherwise the tannins from the tea won't soak in.
2. Fill a bucket with 50 percent hot water and 50 percent boiling water. Put the tea bags in and mix them around until the water is dark.
3. Completely submerge the curtains in the soaking tea bags. Knead them around for just a moment using your hands to insure the color is uniform.
4. Let the curtains soak for 36 hours, returning a couple times to mix them around and check the color.
5. Remove the curtains and squeeze out the excess water. Dry them on low in the dryer or allow them to air dry.