Before and After: Dramatic Ottoman Makeover
It escaped from the ’70s! But don’t dismiss this as a disco-era wreck — there’s a great-looking ottoman under there … somewhere. Scroll on to see the radical makeover.
Yes, it’s the same ottoman – now a multitasking coffee table alternative!
With its pattern of navy diamonds, the large-scale ottoman really juices up a neutral sofa. An upholsterer removed the fringe and tufting, then added a new top cushion and large-nailhead trim around the bottom edge. Tapered wood legs with casters make a piece like this easy to scoot around.
- Ottoman fabric: DwellStudio Souk Admiral cotton and polyester fabric, $20.50 per yard, fabric.com
- Ottoman legs: LWQ6W 6"-tall walnut furniture legs with bronze casters, $30.50 each, diyupholsterysupply.com
- Ottoman trim: DEC190V ¾"-diameter upholstery nails, $14.50 for a set of 100, diyupholsterysupply.com
- Mirror: Lesina Sunburst mirror, $149, pier1.com
- Sofa: Dune sofa, $3,099, arhaus.com
- Pillows: (from left) Southwest pillow, $44, and Red Fancy Fish pillow, $44, both minted.com; Coral Flowers pillow, $89, craneandcanopy.com; Positive Negative Bows pillow, $44, minted.com; and Surina pillow, $148, pineconehill.com
- Rug: Emmerson rug, $559, nuloom.com
- Wall Paint: Club Navy by Ralph Lauren Paint