Weekend Projects: Installing a Ceiling Medallion
Dress up an old chandelier with an elegant ceiling medallion. It takes less than a weekend to install and costs less than $100 in materials.
Tools and Materials:
nail gun and pin nails
1. Paint your ceiling medallion with the white spray paint and allow it to dry completely.
2. Remove your existing light fixture and replace the cap if it is a different color.
3. Run several beads of heavy-duty adhesive on the back of the medallion and put the medallion in place. Shoot a few pin nails through the medallion to hold it in place while the adhesive dries.
4. Run a bead of caulk around the medallion to make it seamless with the ceiling.
5. Reinstall the light fixture.