Weekend Projects: Add Dimension to a Wall With Molding Stripes
Tools and Materials:
nail gun and nails
1. Use a laser level and a pencil to draw the lines for the molding on the wall. We placed our molding stripes 10 inches apart. Continue drawing lines from floor to ceiling.
2. Paint the molding and let it dry completely.
3. Cut the molding to the necessary length using a hand saw and miter box or an electric chop saw. Cut each end at 45 degrees then cut small return pieces to go on the exposed ends of the molding.
4. Use glue and a nail gun to attach the molding to the wall.
5. Fill the nail holes with putty and then go over those spots with the same color paint as your molding.