Paint Technique: Faux Leather Instructions
paint (base coat: Buckram Binding SW0036) Sherwin-Williams
glaze (Chocolate Brown) Ralph Lauren
blue painter's tape
4" flat brush
Fitch edge brush
1. Apply the base coat and let dry. Tape-off the base board and chair rail.
2. Apply just enough tinted glaze to work with in a couple of minutes using the flat brush.
3. Hold the stipple brush perpendicular to the wall and pounce it randomly to soften the brush marks. Repeat for the next section, being sure to keep a wet edge.
4. For the corners and wall edges, use the Fitch edge tool in the same manner to blend the remaining brush marks.
5. Let dry and remove the tape.