How to Tile a Fireplace
Does your fireplace need a new look? See the Color Correction team's solution.
Materials and Tools:
cement backing board
tri-sodium phosphate (or suitable brick cleaner)
instant bond construction adhesive
1. Clean the brick with a suitable cleaner, and apply cement backer board with instant bond construction adhesive, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Apply pre-mixed thin-set mortar to brick.
3. Set porcelain tiles onto mortar.
4. Cut odd-shaped tiles with a wet saw, allowing the cut tiles to dry for 24 hours.
5. Apply grout, according to manufacturer's instructions.
Choosing Countertops: Solid Surface
Solid surface countertops offer a seamless look with low-maintenance style.
How to Make Stained Glass Art
Create a distinctive stained glass design to dress up any window.
How to Fix a Squeaky Floor
Keep it quiet with these troubleshooting tips.
How to Wallpaper the Inside of a China Cabinet
Step-by-step instructions to add a pop of color and pattern to your china cabinet.
Designing a Satin Upholstered Wall
This DIY project helps you put fabric on the wall for a luxe look.
Installing a Tile Countertop
Give your kitchen a whole new look with these step-by-step instructions.
Installing a Tile Floor
A stone or ceramic tile floor in the kitchen is durable and adds visual drama.
Decorate Your Bedroom With Wood Panels
Carter Oosterhouse adds elegance to a master bedroom by building maple wall panels and then hanging glass vases within the panels.
How to Make a Copper Fireplace Screen
Punch designs into a copper panel and attach a mahogany frame with this project.
How to Install Ceiling Tiles as a Backsplash
Use metallic ceiling tiles to create an attention-grabbing backsplash in the kitchen.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.