How to Tile a Fireplace
Does your fireplace need a new look? See the Color Correction team's solution.
Materials and Tools:
cement backing board
tri-sodium phosphate (or suitable brick cleaner)
instant bond construction adhesive
1. Clean the brick with a suitable cleaner, and apply cement backer board with instant bond construction adhesive, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Apply pre-mixed thin-set mortar to brick.
3. Set porcelain tiles onto mortar.
4. Cut odd-shaped tiles with a wet saw, allowing the cut tiles to dry for 24 hours.
5. Apply grout, according to manufacturer's instructions.