How to Install Panel Molding
Add dimension to your walls with this easy alternative to wainscoting.
If you want to add style and depth to the lower third of a wall, this project’s for you.
Materials and Tools:
primer and paint
nail gun and nails
standard level or laser level
1. Prime and paint the molding and let it dry.
2. Measure your walls and determine the appropriate dimensions for your paneling. Standard chair-rail height, which is 32 inches above the floor, is an appropriate height for the panels.
3. Miter-cut the molding to the desired length and width.
4. Make a reference line around the room to mark the top point of your molding. Use a level to make sure your lines are straight and evenly spaced.
5. Attach the molding with a nail gun. Continue to use the level while assembling to make sure you’re attaching the molding evenly.
6. Use putty to fill in the nail holes, and touch up the paint.
Yard Sale Furniture Repurposed: Filing Cabinet
HGTV Magazine gives the simple how-tos of transforming a dingy filing cabinet into a chic office organizer.
How to Make an Encaustic Tea Bag Wall Hanging
Make an eye-catching wall collage with encaustic color, metals, pigment and dried tea bags.
Build a Hanging Pot Rack
A hanging pot rack adds storage space and looks great.
Designing a Satin Upholstered Wall
This DIY project helps you put fabric on the wall for a luxe look.
How to Make a Geometric Upholstered Door
Dressing up a dull interior door? Think beyond paint by adding design and texture with upholstery and nailhead trim.
How to Build an Ironing-Board Cabinet
Follow these instructions for constructing a laundry-room space-saver.
Sustainable surfaces can also be attractive, high-quality and easy on the budget.
How To: Creating An Eco-Friendly Metal Backsplash
Customize your kitchen and help the environment with this beautiful backsplash made of recycled aluminum.
How to Create A Colorful Glass Tile Backsplash
Create a custom kitchen backsplash with inexpensive glass tiles and marbles. This colorful, geometric design will give your kitchen a bright, fresh look.
How to Make a DIY Interior Dutch Door
Keep an eye on kids or pets by giving an existing interior door a split-level update.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.