How to Create Indian-Inspired Wooden Ceiling Art
Add interest to a plain ceiling with wooden artwork.
Materials and Tools:
1/2-inch piece of plywood
a pot or bowl the size you want your circles
1. Determine the spacing and number of circles you want on your ceiling art. Start in the center of the board then move out.
2. Using a pencil and a T-square, mark a border around the inside of the plywood.
3. Inside the border, trace around the pot to outline your circles.
4. Circles on the outer edges will be cut off at the border. The border allows a flat edge in which molding can be laid.
5. Using the drill, puncture holes through each circle that line up perfectly with the interior of each circle.
6. Cut out the remainder of the circle using the jigsaw. Repeat with all circles.
7. Cut molding to size and miter the corners at a 45-degree angle. Fasten molding to the around the inside border and around the outer edge of the plywood using wood glue and nails.
8. Stain the entire piece of art brushing on stain and wiping it clean with rags. Be sure to apply in the direction of the wood grain.
How-to: Vintage Stamp Coasters
The DIY experts at HGTV Magazine recreated this flea market find. Here’s how you can, too.
DIY Grain Sack Kitchen Barstool Cushions
Inexpensive canvas drop cloths, acrylic paint and basic sewing skills come together to create fabulous custom cushions for kitchen barstools or chairs.
Chalkboard Kitchen Canisters
Glass canisters are practical, inexpensive and readily available, but can be a bit boring. Chalkboard paint and an easy-to-apply stenciled detail will transform them into a unique accessory for any kitchen.
12 Projects for the Holidays
Learn how to transform your home with fun holiday decorations.
Double Swag and Jabot
This swag and jabot treatment is a strong focal point in this space and commands your attention. It's always traditional and elegant and easier to make than you think.
Window Treatments Don't Have to Be a Pane
Covering hard-to-fit windows can be a challenge. We have beautiful solutions, for corner windows, casements, skylights, dormers and more.
How to Make a Ribboned Window Topper
Adding ribbon to a window topper is easy yet elegant. Follow these step-by-step instructions to make your own.
11 New Ways to Upgrade a Gallery Wall
Learn how to take your art gallery wall from ho-hum to "Holla!" with our quick, easy changes.
How to Make a Mica Hurricane Candleholder
These candleholders make great gifts for family and friends.
Build a Picture Light Box
Give your favorite photos some well-deserved time in the spotlight by creating a picture light box.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.