How to Create Ceiling Circles
Materials and Tools:
two saw horses
1. To create your work table, use screws to mount your router to a piece of scrap plywood.
2. Lay the plywood and router upside down across two saw horses.
3. The router blade needs to protrude through the plywood.
4. Determine the size of the circles you want to create and measure the diameter on your scrap plywood. This is the distance from the blade of your router that determines the size of the circle.
5. Cut out squares of plywood large enough to contain the size of your circle.
6. Mark the center of the square with an X. Drill a hole in the center of the X then screw the square onto the pre-measured spot on your scrap plywood. Do not fasten too tightly because the square needs to spin.
7. Turn on the router and push through the square.
8. Spin the square on its center axis so it is cut by the router forming a perfect circle.
9. Stain your circles with a brush and a rag, wiping with the grain. Allow to dry.
10. Create grid on ceiling to determine the placement of your circular medallions.
11. Apply construction adhesive to the backside of circles and affix to ceiling.
12. Shoot finishing nails through circles and into ceiling for added support.