Faux Painting Instructions
Transform an accent wall with a distressed faux painting treatment from Constance Ramos' show, Color Correction.
Materials and Tools:
2 empty buckets
dark green paint (Benjamin Moore Brookside Moss, 2145-30)
green metallic paint (Mark's Paints Sage, ME 247)
gold paint (Mark's Paints Iridescent Gold, ME 194)
1. Pour the green metallic paint in one bucket and the dark green in another.
2. Mix the paint around with a brush to thin it out, making it more translucent.
3. Use the paint brush to add paint to the toilet and tire brushes (figure A) or dip the brushes directly in the paint.
4. Paint the wall with the cleaning brushes (figure B). The rough bristles allow you to spread the paint in rough and unpredictable streaks, which gives the wall a distressed quality.
5. Cover the wall with the gold paint to make it shine!