Double-Layer Crown Molding
Tools and Materials:
nail gun and nails
table saw (if necessary)
1x4 primed pine trim
1x2 primed pine trim
paint and brushes
1. Measure how much molding you need and buy the corresponding amount of 1x4s and 1x2s. To save time, try to find wood that has already been primed.
2. Cut the length of trim to the size.
3. Paint all the wood trim. If you can’t buy pre-primed trim, be sure to apply a coat of primer first.
4. Once the trim has dried, lay a bead of glue on the 1x2 and then position it in the center of the 1x4. With a tape measure, make sure the 1x2 is equal distance from all sides of the 1x4 for the entire length. Once it is perfectly positioned, secure it with the nail gun.
5. Use the nail gun to attach the molding to the ceiling.
6. Miter cut the corner pieces to ensure that they are tight and fit together snugly.
7. Patch nail holes with caulk.