Repairing Cracks in a Concrete Floor
How to fix surface cracks with concrete filler
Is your garage floor decorated with cracks? Here's how to fill them:
Materials and Tools:
concrete crack filler
1. Use an awl and a chisel to remove any large pieces from cracks in the floor.
2. Sweep away fine particles with a wire brush.
3. Use a grease-cutting cleanser to remove any oil or other contaminants around the repair area that might prevent the concrete filler from setting up properly. Sweep up all the debris around the area, being sure not to sweep dust back into the cracks. Finish cleaning by vacuuming out the cracks with a workshop vacuum.
4. Cut the nozzle on the bottle of the concrete filler to the size of the cracks, and slowly fill the cracks. Give the filler a few minutes to settle, and top off areas if necessary.
5. Smooth out any excess with a trowel.
6. Allow the filler to cure overnight. Add more filler if necessary.
How to Paint a Kitchen Island
Bring customized style to your kitchen by painting the island a color that complements the room.
How to Treat Clothing Stains
To get out tough and messy stains, learn what products and methods to use.
Caring for Different Fabrics
Read the labels and then follow the guidelines to care for the range of fabrics in your closet.
Choosing Materials for Your Patio
Get tips on picking the right outdoor materials to design your patio.
Remove Tough Stains
Proper stain treatment will keep clothing looking new longer. Just follow these easy stain removal tips to get out everything from oils to mustard.
How To: Installing a Fire Pit
A backyard gets more warm and hospitable with a stone firepit.
Choosing Countertops: Stainless Steel
The clean, attractive Look of stainless steel works in both traditional and contemporary kitchens.
Choosing Countertops: Concrete
Concrete's organic look suits both modern and rustic kitchens.
Laminate Countertop Crack
Home repair expert Henry Harrison shows a homeowner how to repair a crack in the curved backsplash of a laminate countertop.
Build a Foldout Desk and Craft Table
This easy-to-make desk is the perfect storage solution for a tiny office or playroom.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.