Plywood-Sheet Wine Rack
Step-by-step instructions for building a simple, low-cost storage rack.
Make use of that unused nook under the stairs with this project for a mini wine cellar.
Materials and Tools:
1. Measure the space where you wish to place your wine rack.
2. Wearing protective eyewear, trim the plywood sheet according to the measurements taken.
3. Using a tape measure, create a grid on the plywood sheet to determine how far apart the holes need to be for the wine bottles.
4. With a drill, bore holes in the plywood sheet to create a place for the wine-bottle necks.
5. Apply primer to the wine rack.
6. After the primer dries, paint the wine rack to fit the design of the room.
7. Install the wine rack on a slight angle to allow the wine bottles to sit at a 90-degree angle.
8. Dress up the wine rack with trim if you wish.
9. Place wine bottles in the rack.
Storage Tips for Fine China
Learn the right way to store your fine china to keep it in tip-top shape for your next special occasion.
Kitchen Makeover: Replacing a Kitchen Ceiling
A kitchen in need of a new look gets a new ceiling as part of a general makeover.
Updating Kitchen Cabinets
Updating kitchen cabinets transforms your kitchen into a gathering place for the whole family.
Ideas for Refacing Kitchen Cabinets
Ready for a change? Discover the difference refacing kitchen cabinets makes.
Organizing a Spare Room
6 steps to a spruced-up space
Accomplish Easy Kitchen Drawer Repair
Here's how to fabricate a new runner for a sagging kitchen drawer.
Mobile Wooden Crate Toy Storage
Put old crates to new use as personalized, easy-to-push children's room toy storage.
Painting Kitchen Islands
Get tips on painting kitchen islands.
11 Ways to Keep Childrens' Toys Under Control
Is your living room overflowing with toys? Try these ideas to keep your kids’ favorites at hand for playtime and out of sight when company comes.
Maximize Small-Space Storage
Use cabinets and shelving in smart ways to create storage in your small spaces.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.