Organize Paperwork With an Action File
An Action File makes quick work of daily paper management. When it's time to handle weekly deskwork, you'll find it all in the Action File.
- Use a small tabletop file and add to it hanging folders labeled "To Pay," "To Do" and "To File."
- Include separate folders in each one for every member of your family, and for religious, sports or school activities.
- Sort and drop incoming paperwork each day into the appropriate file.
- Bills go into the "To Pay" folder, while medical insurance papers and other important paperwork should be assigned to the "To File" folder.
- File things that need doing, such as permission slips that have to be signed, correspondence that requires a reply and reminders to schedule the children's dental check-ups, in the "To Do" folder.