How to Replace a Closet Door Track
If your bi-fold closet door has jumped its track, here's how to get it running smoothly again.
Materials and Tools:
1 bi-fold track kit
polyurethane glue (optional)
- Remove door.
- Pull old rollers and pivots out of door with pliers.
- Remove old door track with drill.
- Cut new door track to length, if necessary.
- Install new door track, centered on the doorjamb, by screwing into the doorjamb with screws provided in the kit.
- Snap the new rollers and pivots into the door. If the old hardware has worn out the hole, insert a dowel that's a little bigger than the old hole. Glue it in place and let dry. Drill a new hole to fit the new rollers and pivots.
- Insert the door into tracks and adjust as necessary.