How to Reinforce a Damaged Entertainment Center
If pieces of your entertainment center have been knocked out of position during a move, here's how to get them back into place:
Materials and Tools:
power drill with various bits
metal and wood files
1. Nip away any old staples that may be sticking out of the edges of the shelves and file them down flush.
2. Place clamps on the sides of the cabinet to position the top shelf. Make sure it's level. Once it's in place, wrap a strap or web clamp around the cabinet and tighten it so the sides are flush and tight against your shelf.
3. Remove the clamps and drive screws through the sides of the cabinet into the support boards on the underside of the shelf. Use a carpenter's square to transfer the measurement around the front of the cabinet to the sides, where you'll be driving the screws in.
4. Pre-drill holes for screws. Drill a shallow hole first to hide the head of the screws, just in the side of the cabinet, and then switch to a smaller bit and drill through the side and into the support.
5. Use wooden buttons to hide the screw heads. Apply a dab of adhesive to the button and press into place.
6. Continue the process for remaining shelves.