How to Organize a Bathroom
Professional organizer Linda Koopersmith walks through bathroom organization, from the countertops to the shower. Follow these 6 simple tips for a clutter-free bathroom.
- Don't start with the countertops! Start in the drawers first. Once those are organized, move to the counter.
- Empty the drawers, one by one. Separate the items you want to keep and toss anything you don't need or use anymore (or give it to a friend). Use organizational cosmetic containers or even small boxes to place the cosmetics accordingly. Place the containers back into the drawer and see how the drawer takes on a completely new look.
- When empyting the cabinets, keep a lookout for repeat purchases. It will save you time and money to see what you have so you won't continue to buy it. Begin to put things away that were on the countertops. A wonderful organizer is one that swings out to utilize the space around the pipes and eliminate the clutter that occurs on the countertop surface.
- Consider a space-saving towel rack that clips right over the back of the bathroom door if you're pressed for towel storage.
- Transform the dead space over a toilet by adding a stacked cabinet to store some of those items that have been kept under the sink. Use decorative containers to hold cotton balls, Q-Tips, cosmetic brushes and other small items you use on a daily basis.
- Cut down on clutter in the shower by installing a wall-mounted shower dispenser to dispense liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner.
10 Home Maintenance Tips for Spring
A certified home inspector shares 10 home-maintenance tips for spring.
How to Install a Dead-Bolt Lock
For burglar-proofing, it's a must-have.
Entertain Outdoors With Style and Comfort
Here's how to create a sophisticated outdoor space perfect for summer entertaining.
How to Install Gutters
Protect against water damage to your foundation, basement and driveway with these instructions.
10 Steps to an Organized Pantry
Follow these tips on how to organize your pantry to make grocery shopping and meal preparation a breeze.
Quick Tips for Home Organization
Try these quick home organization tips for maintaining a clutter-free home from basement to attic.
How to Replace a Heating-Vent Cover
While you're at it, you can reduce the bulk with a slimmer model. Just follow these instructions.
How to Repair a Damaged Roof
We simulated the damage of a tree falling on a roof by dropping a piano from a crane. Such an accident can cause major structural damage. Consult a professional if there are any reframing needs due to building codes.
How to Repair a Garage-Door Roller
Step-by-step instructions for replacing a broken wheel and bracket
How to Paint the Exterior of a House
HGTV.com walks you through the steps of painting the exterior of a house, from prep work through the finishing touches.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.