How to Install a Motion Detector
Deter burglars and light your own path with these instructions.
Motion-detector lights alert you to any movement in key spots around your home. Here's how to install one:
Materials and Tools:
- Turn off the power at the main breaker switch.
- Remove the old light fixture and replace it with the new motion-sensor lights, connecting the white wire to white and the black wire to black with the wire nuts.
- Tuck all the wires neatly into the socket.
- Points the bulbs and the sensor in the desired directions.
- Secure the fixture in place with screws.
- Place water-shield gaskets on the base of the bulbs before inserting.
- Make any final adjustments according to the manufacturer's directions.