How to Build Window Boxes
Add some flowers to your view in five simple steps.
Make a bright window brighter with this easy project.
Materials and Tools:
1. Assemble the box by building a U-shaped trough with three 36-inch pieces of 1-by-6 boards.
2. Cut 1-by-6 end caps to 5½ inches and attach to the ends of the trough with glue and nails.
3. Drill a few holes in the bottom of the planter to allow drainage. Line the planter with landscape cloth to keep the dirt from sifting out.
4. Attach the flower box to the house with screws.
5. Fill the box with planting soil and add flowers.