Getting Your Teen Organized
6 tips for establishingand maintainingorder
During the school year, keeping teenagers focused on everything that needs to be accomplished in a day can be a challenge. Here are some suggestions for smoothing the way:
1. If you have trouble getting your teen up in the morning, buy the most annoying alarm clock you can find and put it far from the bed. That way he's forced to get up and turn it off.
2. To keep bathroom time to a minimum, place a timer inside and set it for 15 minutes. Once the timer goes off, time's up—period. This is great for siblings who share a bathroom.
3. A new semester's class schedule can be confusing. Help your teen keep up by shrinking the schedule on a copy machine to fit in a wallet or backpack. He can also keep a copy in his locker.
4. List activities on a large calendar and color-code them. Use red for work and blue for sports events, for example.
5. If your teen doesn't like to study at a desk, suggest using a covered bin for studying on a bed. It's great for holding books and papers, and the cover serves as a tray.
6. Keep a basket by the door at home to be used as a "pocket dump." Have each person dump the contents of his pockets into the basket for sorting before laundry time.
Organizing a Teen's Bedroom
Check out these tips for whipping your teen's bedroom into shape with a plan that addresses both work and play.
Time-Saving Tips to Get Organized
Learn how to reclaim the time you spend waiting, whether at home or on the go.
Get Organized With the Help of These Websites
These resources will help you stay on track when it comes to fighting clutter.
Organization is key for avoiding stressful school mornings. We've asked real moms and professional organizers to share their advice for making hectic mornings as stress-free as possible.
How to Get Kids Organized
5 tips for teaching children to keep a clean room
Organize Paperwork With an Action File
HGTV.com shows how to make daily paper management easy with an Action File.
How to Organize Your Move
Moving is one of the most daunting tasks you'll ever have to do, but you can make it easier with these expert tips and solutions.
Start Organizing by Thinking Small
Tips on how to tackle your next organizing project.
A four-step guide for organizing any room, plus 13 strategies to prevent procrastination.
Organize Your Life
Learn how to live the simple life with our 10 steps to help you get back to basics, from Mission: Organization's Monica Ricci.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada