Fix a Dresser Drawer Front
Materials and Tools:
scrap of wood
1. Cut diagonal corner blocks from a piece of wood to use as reinforcements for the drawer. Mark angles on wood using a combination square.
2. Adjust circular saw to make a 45-degree cut, and cut down the center of the drawer. Always wear safety glasses and a dust mask when using a power saw.
3. Cut blocks that are slightly shorter than the depth of your drawer.
4. Pre-drill pilot holes in the corner blocks for the screws. Toenail the holes so the screws will go into the sides of the drawer.
5. Clamp the drawer to a workbench and attach the brackets. Apply wood glue to the corner blocks and install with screws. Install the blocks so the screws go into the pilot holes and then into the drawer front. Tighten the screws by hand.
6. Drill holes through the sides of the drawers and insert screws to lock the sides of the drawer to the corner blocks.
7. Slide the drawer back into the dresser.