Fix a Dresser Drawer Front
Do you have a broken dresser drawer? It's time to call in some reinforcement and here's how.
Materials and Tools:
scrap of wood
1. Cut diagonal corner blocks from a piece of wood to use as reinforcements for the drawer. Mark angles on wood using a combination square.
2. Adjust circular saw to make a 45-degree cut, and cut down the center of the drawer. Always wear safety glasses and a dust mask when using a power saw.
3. Cut blocks that are slightly shorter than the depth of your drawer.
4. Pre-drill pilot holes in the corner blocks for the screws. Toenail the holes so the screws will go into the sides of the drawer.
5. Clamp the drawer to a workbench and attach the brackets. Apply wood glue to the corner blocks and install with screws. Install the blocks so the screws go into the pilot holes and then into the drawer front. Tighten the screws by hand.
6. Drill holes through the sides of the drawers and insert screws to lock the sides of the drawer to the corner blocks.
7. Slide the drawer back into the dresser.
How to Fix a Squeaky Floor
Keep it quiet with these troubleshooting tips.
How to Dress Up a Dresser
Learn how to transform a dull dresser into a showpiece.
How-to: Grass Cloth and Nailhead Dresser
The DIY experts at HGTV Magazine recreated this flea market find. Here’s how you can, too.
Fun Ways to Paint Your Dresser
HGTV Magazine shows you how to dress up your bedroom staple with two different designs.
Use Wallpaper to Amp Up a Tired Dresser
This is one of those things that just might be your favorite project by the time you get done. So take your time finding some wallpaper that you are in love with and have fun!
How to Update a Dresser With Wallpaper and Decorative Knobs
Bring bold pattern and a little bit of bling to an old dresser with decorative knobs and wallpapered drawers.
Poster Art Dresser
Give a boring dresser a fresh look by decoupaging your favorite vintage poster right on the front.
How-To: Customize a Simple Dresser With Decals
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these easy makeover ideas.
How to Update a Dresser With House Numbers
Add a touch of the unexpected to an old dresser with a steel house number makeover.
How-to: Wallpaper Interior Dresser Drawers
Follow the directions below to complete this DIY wallpaper craft from HGTV Magazine.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada