Accomplish Easy Kitchen Drawer Repair
Here's how to fabricate a new runner for a sagging kitchen drawer.
Materials and Tools:
- In this case, the upper runner that kept the drawer from sagging and rubbing against the top of the counter was missing. The fix involved cutting a piece similar to the lower runner and mounting above the drawer.
- Use nippers to remove the nail at the back of the cabinet where the old runner broke away.
- Measure for the runner inside the cabinet using a folding rule with an extendable tip. Measure the width of one of the existing runners and cut a replacement from a piece of scrap wood.
- Mark the scrap wood with your measurements and clamp it to a workbench along with a metal piece to serve as a straightedge. Put on safety glasses and a dust mask and make the lengthwise rip cut using a circular saw. Cut the piece to length.
- Spread some high-performance adhesive on each end of the runner and fit it into place inside the cabinet.
- Slide the drawer back in the cabinet and test your handiwork.