8 Space-Saving Tips
Space tight? Check out these tricks for stretching it.
1. Turn a closet into a mini office by adding a half-round sheet of plywood to use as a platform for a computer than can slide in and out. Suspend a paint strainer on a side wall and use it for storing things like scissors and keys. Attach cork rounds that are used under plants to the inside of the door to use as a corkboard.
2. Use a tower spice rack, which is tall and thin, to hold supplies such as paper clips, pushpins and rubber bands.
3. Use a tall flower bucket as a waste can.
4. Repurpose a candleholder to hold a roll of stamps.
5. Store office supplies in an attractive picnic basket. Just grab the basket and move it to a table or desk when you're ready to work.
6. Buy a magnetic strip or two and use them to hang supplies such as letter openers, scissors and paper clips on the splash.
7. Add a strip light under your cabinets for quick and easy task lighting if you use your counter for a work space.
8. Have a cutting board cut to size at your local lumber facility and place it over your sink to provide 2 feet of working space on your counter.