Decorating with Silk Screens
Have something to hide? Check out these walls of color.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Whether your goal is to conceal or show off, these silk screens will add a burst of color where you need it.
Materials and Tools:
colored sconce covers (optional)
3-inch wood screws
1. Cut four pieces from the 2-by-2's to desired width and length to build the outside dimension. Create a box with the four pieces of wood and attach them together with 3-inch wood screws.
2. Cut four corner braces 6 inches in length with a 45-degree angle on each end to fit in each corner for strength and to square each corner.
3. For extra stability and eventually the sconces, cut two pieces of 2-by-2 to fit the inside width. Attach one about a quarter of the way from the top and the other a quarter of the way from the bottom.
4. Cover the fixed frame in dupioni silk on both sides by stapling the silk to the sides of the frame. Use a nail gun to place ½-inch wood chips to cover the staples.
5. Install a piano hinge from one side of the column to the other side of the baffle.
6. Attach a latch to the other column of the baffle.
7. Paint the wood to match the silk's color, or cover the wood in silk.
A built-in bookcase with open shelving separates the living room from the dining room yet still provides a light and airy feel...
You can't go wrong with rugs. They provide a comfortable place to walk on, keep floors warm and are an easy way to update a...(5 photos)
Personalize basic hardwood floors with pattern, using proper preparation and simple painting steps.