How to Build a Wrought Iron Panel Headboard
Create a custom headboard with lumber and wrought iron panels.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1 x 8 poplar boards
wrought iron panels
1. Measure the bed's width, add one inch on each side and cut the top and bottom boards. Cut two side rails that are long enough so the metal panels will rest on lumber with an equal edge on all sides. Cut two interior boards to the necessary length.
2. Use a biscuit joiner, biscuits and wood glue to connect the bottom board to the vertical pieces. Repeat for the top of the frame.
3. Cut trim to size to create an outer frame on the top and side boards. Attach it with wood glue and finish nails.
4. Finish with paint or stain as desired and let dry.
5. Use drywall screws to attach the panels directly to the front of the headboard.
Add layers of lumber and decorative trim to a plywood base to create the illusion of one solid headboard. Follow these...
Learn how to make this custom-lit headboard that really shines.
Steve Watson shows how to install a fabric headboard as part of a bedroom makeover.