Whimsical Painted Clock
Sabrina Harris paints an old clock with vibrant colors.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Sabrina Harris from Sarasota, Fla.
Sabrina loves dumpster diving for discarded furniture. That’s when she gets to start playing around with vibrant paints, a set of brushes and some designs in her head to transform any room of the house into an exciting and colorful conversational work of art.
wooden ball knobs
3/4" clock movement
hot glue gun
drill with 1/4" bit and small drill bit
1. Sand and prime all wood pieces and let dry.
2. Base coat all pieces with selected base color and let dry. Spray paint knobs for feet and let dry
3. Add painted decorative accents i.e., dots, stripes, etc. Let dry between all painting steps.
4. Varnish all pieces and let dry thoroughly.
5. Determine where you want to place clock movement and drill hole through clock face.
6. Determine bead placement. Drill small holes into side of wood pieces.
7. String beads on wire and curl around paintbrush handle to coil. Secure loop ends with jewelry pliers.
8. Add a small amount of hot glue to the end of the wire and insert into drilled hole.
9. Assemble clock movement to clock face and add battery.
10. Attach all wood pieces with hot glue.
Kristi Pederson shows how to fuse glass together and assemble her colorful glass clock.