Ugly Duckling Bedroom
Homeowner Tiffany Morrison's bedroom is cluttered with shoes and clothing. She wants the Design on a Dime team to solve her storage problems and give her room a sophisticated new style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Host Kristan Cunningham meets with Morrison to discuss her issues with the bedroom. Storage for clothes and shoes is definitely at the top of the list. The furniture pieces and other elements of the room are mismatched and need a cohesive style. Her bed lacks a headboard and sophisticated bedding, which could make a substantial statement in the room. Also, the existing lighting isn't enough to illuminate the room in the evening.
The team solves the storage puzzle and creates a mature, refined look in the mismatched bedroom.
- The white walls are painted an icy blue color, which is the base to dramatic chocolate brown and black accents.
Furniture - $383
- ottomans: Linens 'n Things - 049394785988
- fabric for headboard: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Bedding and Window Treatments - $335
- duvet: Stein Mart - Taupe, 14089916
- curtain rods: IKEA - Index, 83517483
- curtain rod brackets: IKEA - Index, 33517683
- Roman blinds: IKEA - Iris Roman Blinds, off-white 40054034
- bedskirt: Target - 060130234
Art and Accessories - $197
- velvet fabric for shoe compartment: F & S Fabrics
Lighting - $63
- coral for lighting: Petco -ESU-Coral Tall Elk, 000440175
Paint and Supplies - $21
- wall paint: Behr - Celtic Gray, 490E-3
Project Total - $999
A bland master bedroom gets revived with colors and fabrics that compose a calming, traditional style.(4 photos)
Renee and Biff have raised four kids together, and at some point or another, each has called the guesthouse their home. Now,...(6 photos)