Tranquil Master Bedroom
A lackluster bedroom is brought to life with color and a serene design aesthetic.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
The design team is successful in creating a tranquil feeling in the uninspired master bedroom — here's how they do it:
- The walls are painted a warm orange hue and the closets are enhanced with a neutral-colored faux linen paint finish.
- Snijders adds a shadow box frame to the bland window and installs bamboo blinds for texture. He creates the frame out of 1x2 and 1x4 wood pieces by nailing them together, cutting them on the miter saw and then attaching all four pieces to create the frame.
Furniture - $398
- banana leaf wingback chair: Tien Tong - TEC 3230
- bookshelves: IKEA - Billy, #93690707-11989
Accessories and lighting - $338
- door knobs: The Great Indoors - #23384
- duvet: Linens 'n Things - #085989305889
- shams: Linens 'n Things - #085989305995
- lamps: IKEA - Orgel, #40018183-15508
Hardware and lumber - $131
Art supplies - $109
- terrarium materials (orchid stems and bamboo bundles): Pier 1 Imports - #1952490 (orchid stems), #1822416 & #1870245 (bamboo bundles)
Paint supplies - $24
- wall paint: Behr - Copper Mountain #260D-7 (flat)
- cabinet color: Behr - Rye #310F-4 (semi-gloss)
Project Total - $1000
A plain master bedroom gets a whole new layout design in a cute country style.(2 photos)
For less than $50, this master bedroom goes from boring to classic with a timeless design.(4 photos)