How to Build Tall Rectangular Storage Cabinets
Rectangular cabinets provide useful and decorative storage, and they sit on a bathroom counter. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1/2" MDF (medium-density fiberboard)
1. Cut the sides, top and bottom to the desired lengths. Glue and nail them together.
2. To add the shelves, measure the inside of the cabinet; cut the MDF to size, and then slide them into position. Secure the shelves from the side using nails.
3. Attach luan plywood to the back using small wire brads and a hammer.
4. The drawers fit inside the cabinet openings. Join the sides and back pieces together using glue and a brad nailer. The front is larger than the opening and is cut about 1/8 inch from the edge of the cabinet. Route the edges of the front piece with an angled router bit and attach it to the drawer. Secure a luan plywood bottom piece as above.
5. Drill a hole for the drawer pull. Prime and paint the piece as desired. Once dry, attach a drawer pull.
Designer Kahi Lee explains a creative way to repurpose an old cabinet.
A simple cabinet houses extra workout materials and provides a surface for scented candles. Follow these step-by-step...
A chair inspired this versatile bench that can be used in a variety of furniture arrangements in any room. Follow these...