Storage Bench with Circular Seating
Old shelving units are flipped on their side and repurposed into a storage bench.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
two small melamine storage racks
one roll silver vinyl adhesive paper
medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
white spray paint
1. Configure the base of your bench. We secured two melamine storage racks together to create our bench.
2. Cut 2x4s and add to base creating storage underneath.
3. Spray paint one side of the Plexiglas.
4. Secure Plexiglas to MDF panels (same dimensions as Plexiglas) using drawer pulls. These will be used as the front doors.
5. Edge doors using silver vinyl adhesive paper.
6. Attach one door using hinges then attach other door using the sliders.
7. Cut the MDF panel to size for the top of the bench.
8. Wrap the top piece with batting and fabric.
9. Cut three circles out of the MDF. wrap them with batting and fabric.
Spencer Anderson of Design on a Dime shows how to create a storage bench.
These simple steps help transform a boring brick patio into a casual and welcoming outdoor space.
Carol Duvall shares a few projects from the shoebox including a sock monkey light bulb and a recycled crib bench.