Stamped Recycled Container Lamp
Be good to the environment and to your home's decor with this uniquely fashioned recycled container lamp.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Mary O’Neil.
Materials and Tools:
empty cardboard oatmeal container
brown craft paper
Ranger popsicle orange, citrus raisin, mushroom, lettuce ink pads
Hot Potatoes two-sided rubber stamps:
J460 Square Peg
J457 Square Block
bottle adapter lamp kit
Red Line double-stick tape
1. Cut a piece of craft paper the exact size pus 1" in width to wrap around the oatmeal container.
2. Stamp the square and circle retro images in retro colors to create a wonderful pattern.
3. Put double-stick tape on wrong sides of both short ends of the paper. Wrap around the oatmeal can. Now you have created your lamp base.
4. Cut a small slot at the bottom of the can for the wiring to come out. Make this slot at about the place that the ends of the paper overlap.
5. Take apart all the parts in the lamp kit. Using the largest adapter as a template, draw a circle on the cardboard bottom of the container and cut this out.
6. Assemble the lamp kit according to manufacturer's instructions. Be certain to tie the underwriter's knot as in the manufacturer's instructions!
7. Put the lamp kit into the hole you made in your lamp base.
8. Run the wire out of the bottom. Put in rocks to weigh down the lamp and place plastic lid back on. Secure with glue (optional).