Spring Pin-Up Picture Holder
Sarah Shaw Guinn creates a spring pin-up to display family photos.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
old fence pickets
scrap piece of wood
green latex paint
light green spray paint
orange spray paint
water and container to mix paint and water
wooden letter accents, ribbon, bead trim
sandpaper, measuring tape, paper plate
1. Measure and cut a fence picket to the desired length.
2. Paint the fence piece using a wash ratio of 3/4 green paint to 1/4 water. Let dry. Sand the edges for an antique finish.
4. Paint the wooden alphabet letters spelling "F A M I L Y" with light green spray paint. Allow to dry.
6. Use a measuring tape to evenly space the letters across the board. Place clothespins in between the letters, evenly spaced, lining the pinching end up with the top edge of the board.
8. Pre drill holes for eye hooks in the two corners on the top of the board.
9. Screw eyehooks into the drilled holes.
10. Cut a piece of ribbon to the appropriate length for hanging the picture holder. Tie the ribbon to each eyehook.
Lanin Thomasma designs an adorable polymer clay figure, modeled after his teenage daughter, to embellish a picture frame.