An outdated country-style bedroom is transformed into a timeless Spanish retreat.
- More from Design on a Dime
Filed under: Master Bedrooms, Mediterranean Style, Dressers, Faux Painting, Bedrooms, Design Style
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Burbridge transforms the floral wallpapered closet doors with a custom stencil inspired by the wrought-iron pieces. He faux finishes the doors to match the walls and then stencils both doors with black paint. When dry, he applies a rust activator that causes the paint to oxidize, creating a rustic patina finish.
- Accessories include luxurious bedding in warm colors, wrought-iron lamps and candleholders and a TV stand to complete the vignette with the side chair and floor lamp.
Bedding and fabric - $324
- bedding: Mervyn's - Modern Living, #028828042361 / #028828148308
Lumber - $243
Accessories - $180
- television stand: Cost Plus World Market - Palermo bedside, #347235
- dresser knobs: The Home Depot - #7.81266E+11
- wrought-iron pieces in wall art: Industrial Metal Supplies
Paint and supplies - $141
- stain for wrought-iron piece: Do-It-Center - #70009 stain QT Cherry
- paint: Benjamin Moore - Peanut Shell, #2162-40
Lighting - $112
- lamp: IKEA - Chrysalidocarpu, #18538
- lamps: Linens 'n Things - Gunmetal B, #019293152518
Project Total - $1000
A bland master bedroom gets revived with colors and fabrics that compose a calming, traditional style.(4 photos)
Charming cottage details remake this bland bedroom.