Sandwiched Botanical Wall Hanging
Plant lover makes wonderful wall hangings by pressing dried flowers between glass.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Brigid Greene of Mission, Kan.
Brigid loves plants, but has a tough time growing anything on her second-story porch. She makes up for it by pressing dried botanicals and mounting them in books and other projects. In this project, Brigid presses dried flowers between sheets of glass to make a natural wall hanging.
Materials and Tools:
8" x 10" pre-cut UV filtering glass
phone book (to press herbs, plants)
dried and pressed botanicals
acid-free card stock
pre-cut acid-free mat board
dish for glue
moist cheese cloth for glue clean up
1. Cut paper for mounting plants.
2. Select leaf or plant from press. Decide where it goes on the paper and mark with marking tape.
3. Paint underside of leaf and adhere to paper.
4. Glue mat frame into position. Press with phone book and parchment paper and set aside.
5. Mark location for botanical. Paint spot of glue for botanical and adhere. Press with phone book, allow to dry, set aside.
6. Cut twine. Use twine to join two pieces of glass, making knots on the backside of each corner.
7. Make loop for hanging. Cut long piece of twine that is still workable and begin weaving twine around edges.
This project is a fun and colorful way to recycle baby food jars. After they are wired together, the jars can be used to add a...
When choosing art or sculptural items for your home, find pieces that speak to your lifestyle, family and hobbies. To help,...(10 photos)
Use copper came to create photo holder. Tack-solder holder to the frame.(video 04:38)