Romantic Tuscan Bedroom
An uninspired master bedroom is given a warm Tuscan look with color and rustic furniture.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Newlyweds Joshua and Erika Siever have decorated most of the rooms in their condo but ran out of ideas when it came to their master bedroom.
Interior designer Kristan Cunningham visits the Sievers to find out what needs to be changed. The bedroom set is new and will stay in the room but the bench, television stand and bedside lamps are going. The walls are hospital white and in desperate need of color as are the closet doors. The overhead light in the room is currently two naked bulbs in the ceiling so it will need to be addressed. The white window blinds are stark and the floor is bare. After Cunningham meets with design coordinators Spencer Anderson and Dave Sheinkopf, they decide on who will handle the myriad of projects and set to work completing the makeover.
The Design on a Dime team easily solves this decorating puzzle — here's how they do it:
- The walls are painted a burnt orange color for a backdrop to the Tuscan look they're after. The closet doors are given a faux wood finish with paint and a hair comb. Cunningham pulls a comb through the wet paint to simulate the wood grain and then swirls the paint with her finger to create the knots.
Accessories - $478
- pillow sham: Linen Outlet, Euro Sham Bone V. Promenade, #821075
- sheet set and duvet cover: Linens 'n Things - Sateen sheets and Wentworth King Duvet Cover, sheet set #011342854916, #011346854947; duvet cover #67829819539
- black and wood ceiling fan: Lowe's - #3408814 lx mds
- multicolored floor rug: Ariana Trading Co. - Naqsh Jahan, Brown
- gold and black circular mirrors: Marshalls - T1281 00597382
Furniture - $281
- TV cabinet: IKEA - Leksvik TV Unit, #33864
Lighting - $150
- silver standing lamp and lampshade: Lowe's - lamp #212802; lampshade #141903
Window treatment - $49
- matchstick blinds: Cost Plus World Market - #000000344572/Green Bambo
Paint and supplies - $37
- wall paint: Behr paint colormatched to Benjamin Moore - 2090-30 Terra Cotta Tile
Project Total - $995
Teal walls disappear forever in this romantic room makeover that includes a two-part paint finish, lamp ideas and more.