Romantic Cottage Bedroom
Racquel Lehrman and Michael Weingourt want their sparse master bedroom turned into a cottage-style romantic retreat and have turned to the Design on a Dime team for help.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Host Lee Snijders visits with Lehrman and Weingourt in their master bedroom to sum up the various issues that need to be addressed. The couple would like their apartment's country cottage look to flow into the bedroom as well. Lehrman loves bright bold colors and Weingourt is attracted to greens and blues, but both agree that the white walls have to go. To please them both, Snijders suggests transforming the bed into a lush romantic place to relax that will have both masculine and feminine elements. Since Weingourt likes to read in bed, Snijders would like to incorporate better light sources in the room. The last on the list is to change the ceiling light fixture and the window coverings to something more suitable for a luxurious retreat.
Color, fabric and accessories take this master bedroom from mismatched to magnificent. Here are the design details:
- The white walls are warmed up with golden yellow paint.
- Design coordinator Summer Baltzer applies a two-part faux rust treatment to a garage-sale black iron headboard. To create the faux aged look, she sprays on rust-colored paint then sponges on black paint and wipes it off with a shopping bag for a mottled effect.
Bedding and window treatments - $452
- bedding: Linens 'n Things - quilt and pillow, Antique Rose, 0017316020; pillow, Monaco, 762377139232;
Lighting and accessories - $300
- lamp bases: Target - 07000288
- lampshades: Target - 074080710
- candle sconces: Bed, Bath and Beyond - Sconce Leaf, 76907295006
- mirror: Target - 074110625
Furniture - $128
Paint and supplies - $115
- paint for furniture: Lowe's - American Tradition, 94837
- rust kit: The Home Depot - 025066798406
- wall paint: ICI Dulux - Haymarket
Project Total - $999
See this bland room be transformed into a romantic getaway for a fraction of the cost of the inspiration room.