Rock-n-Roll Living Room
A sparse living area is transformed into a rocking residential retreat for less than $1,000.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Brian Angely is an up-and-coming musician who would like to give his living area a new look. Host Lee Snijders visits Brian's makeshift music studio that also serves as his living room. The space has the basics such as a couch and a TV, but doesn't have much style or flair. Lee points out that besides the couch there is very little seating for Brian's guests to come over and enjoy the music.
The wet bar has an open shelf that exposes mismatched bottles and just doesn't have the swingin' look that the apartment deserves. The broken pink barstools could use some attention as well. Lee notices there is a large collection of guitars in the room and wants to find a way to feature them. Lastly, the desk will need an update to help calm the clutter.
The style-challenged living room is turned around with bold color and new furniture and fabrics. Here's how:
- Two walls are painted a vibrant blue to match the existing couch. A six-inch band is also painted around the window to coordinate the color throughout.
Furniture - $501
- stools: Dining & Stool Unlimited - IEM, 3606 B black / chrome
- chair: IKEA - Lyby, 30058829 / 90058831
- table legs: IKEA - Vika Curry, 10666
- laminate: Pride Enterprises
Guitar Boxes - $229
- guitar cradles: The Guitar Center - Wood and metal, 1598388000
Accessories and Lighting - $214
- bowl: IKEA - Snits, Blue, 16790
- decorative sphere: IKEA - Makta, 17324
- styrent ceiling panel (for bar area): Anawalt Lumber, 778993
- blue and black vinyl, black felt: Jo-Ann Fabrics
- picture holder: Urban Outfitters - 09399064
- chandelier/shade: Urban Outfitters - 09821448
- lava lamp: Urban Outfitters - Liquid Metal Peace Motion Lamp, 09241183
Paint and Supplies - $50
- paint: Lowe's - American Tradition, 145952
Project Total - $994
The pastoral colors of a landscape painting get an urban twist in this living room revamp.
An empty living room is transformed into a multipurpose room.
Lisa and Will Wolverton get help organizing their family room.(9 photos)