Recycled Angel Wing Chair
Create a funky chair with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Anita Wexler from Sarasota, Fla.
Anita got hooked on making whimsical furniture when she recycled an old chair for a charity event. Ever since, her funky furniture has overtaken her home. In this project, she turns a dining room hair into an eye-catching angel wing chair.
1. Sand and prime the entire chair; then apply a base coat of paint. Let dry.
2. Remove seat and reupholster seat with new canvas using a staple gun.
3. Cut plywood shapes of the head, wings, arms and heart.
4. Sand, prime, and apply a base coat of paint.
5. Attach head to top of chair with screws and wood glue.
6. Use acrylic paints to paint the face. The design and color scheme of the face will set the tone for the rest of the chair.
7. Next add painted designs on the wings and arms. Let dry. Then paint the arms.
8. Glue any found objects to the heart.
9. Nail arms to the body/backing of the chair.
10. Attach wings to chair with hinges; drill holes and place screws into chair and bolt through wings.
11. Attach finished heart with chain to chair.
12. Finish by painting a bit more design around the entire chair, painting canvas seat, and adding additional found objects to the chair for extra charm.
A bland guest room is made into an inviting space akin to a cozy bed and breakfast.