Rearrange and Redesign Your Family Room
Two redesigners transform a family room into a functional space.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Redesigners Jackie Davis and Mindy Greenberg create a functional and appealing arrangement for a family room with high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelves.
- A green plaid sofa is brought up to the family room from the basement to replace the existing solid green sofa.
- The chair is angled off the corner of the sofa and the ottoman is used as a coffee table.
- A larger rug from another room is brought in for more pattern and color in the neutral space.
- The floor-to-ceiling bookcases are accessorized with large-scale vases and artwork to better fill the shelves.
- Art prints that echo the leaf print in the rug are hung on the wall opposite the sofa.
This small living room is too cluttered, but by rearranging the furniture it becomes an open space.(2 photos)
This living and dining room gets a makeover with help from redesigners Jackie Davis and Kelly Edge.(2 photos)