Project for Kids: Tween Party Room
Create personalized name art to hang in your room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Whose space is this? Designate and decorate with a large, artful print of your name.
Materials and Tools:
black permanent marker
overhead projector and transparencies
copier or printer
2 large canvases with grommets (craft store)
water-based paint in the colors of your choosing
- Sketch out your name with pencil and paper in a creative style. Like to sing? Maybe draw your name using musical notes. Like sports? Draw your name using your favorite sports equipment.
- Copy these images onto a transparency with a printer or copy machine.
- Trace over the images with a black permanent marker directly onto the transparency.
- Place the completed transparency on an overhead projector.
- Paint the whole canvas with a bright colored paint. Let it dry for one hour.
- To use the projector, turn on the light and focus the image against the wall until it is large enough to fill the canvas and isn't blurry.
- Put the canvas on the wall where the image is being projected and hang it with tape or push pins.
- Trace the image onto the canvas.
- When you're finished tracing, move the canvas to the floor and paint your name in paint of a different color.
- Let it dry.
- Hang it in your space.
Want to learn how to tie knots like rock climbers and sailors? Here is a fun project to try out your skills.