Project for Kids: Tennis Racquet Pegboard
Why hang your racquet on a hook? Hang it on a racquet-shaped painting.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Why hang your racquet on a hook? Hang it on a racquet-shaped painting!
Materials and Tools:
1 sheet of foamcore board, at least 30 in x 24 in
large cutting board
fine grit sandpaper
- Grab your favorite tennis racquet and trace it onto the foamcore board with a marker.
- Place the foamcore board on the cutting board.
- Ask an adult to help you with this step. Use a utility knife to cut through the foam board, lightly at first (to score the material) and then re-trace the original cuts though the entire board.
- Lightly sand the edges with the fine grit sandpaper.
- With a pencil, let your imagination run wild and draw whatever designs your heart desires on your cutout.
- Use acrylic paints to color in the surface of the cutout.
- Has the paint dried yet? Now, find a place on the wall where you want to hang your tennis racquet.
- Ask an adult to drill a hole into that place.
- Hold your foam racquet steady (round side up) against a wall while an adult twists the screw into place.
- Leave an inch or two of the screw sticking out for your racquet to hang on.
- Hang your racquet on the screw and admire your handiwork.
Feeling like a sleepyhead? Learn how to make a cozy keepsake pillow of your own.