Project for Kids: Rock Star Art
A rock-and-roll kid craft easy to make and design, perfect for any rock star child. Your child's artwork will personalize his or her musical room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Create artwork for the walls of your room complete with gold records, album art and band logo. Designer Drew Seskunas shows you how.
Materials and Tools:
1 can of gold spray paint
1 used record with album cover
2 picture frames at least 12.5" x 12.5"
1 drum head for a bass drum
white or brown craft paper
various colored pencils and paints
- Get an adult to help you spray paint the record album gold.
- Trace the center circle of the record onto craft paper and cut it out.
- Cover the album cover with craft paper, gluing carefully.
- Decorate the album cover, the center circle of the record and bass drum head with your band name, album name and personal design.
- Neatly glue your craft paper circle onto the center circle of the record.
- Place the record in one frame and the album cover in the second frame.
- Attach the bass drum head to the bass drum.
- Rock out.
Creativity expert Courtney Watkins points out a new display technique for children's artwork.